Here is some important information about this year’s PTA:
- Membership drive: Look for us at the Open House on Wednesday, September 5 from 6 – 8 PM. Sign up for our emails, join the PTA and/or have a cookie! Dues are $10 per person. **note to Senior Parents: For your child to be eligible for a $500 scholarship from the PTA, at least one family member must belong to the PTA by October 2012 (exact date to be determined)**.
- Meeting dates – Tuesdays at 6 PM – 9/18, 10/9, 11/6, 1/8, 2/12, 3/5, 4/9, and 5/7. We have worked with the band parents and Cougar Celebration 2013 to ensure that meeting dates, to the best of our ability, won’t conflict. Our first meetings will be targeted to specific grade levels, with Assistant Principals and Counselors here to inform us about the happenings in each grade level. The schedule is Seniors in September, Freshmen in October, Juniors in November, and Sophomores in January. Even though there will be some grade specific information at each of these meetings, all are welcome (and encouraged) to join us!
- Speaker Bureau – Do you have a job or profession that you would speak about with our students? We are coordinating efforts with the teachers to bring in parents/community members who will talk to students as they explore career options. Our PTA contact person for this is Leonor Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teacher Appreciation - we will have events throughout the year to show the Connally staff how much we appreciate them. This is an opportunity for all families to participate, either with food or money donations, time donations, etc. Our PTA contacts for this are Lisa Rankine at email@example.com and Michelle Seabrooks at Michelle_Seabrooks@Dell.com.
- Randalls Good Neighbor Card – If you shop at Randalls and have a Randalls card, please make sure to link it to Connally HS PTA at Good Neighbor #10944!
Our Annual Holiday Bazaar is scheduled for
Saturday, November 17, 9a – 3p
This is our only major fundraiser of the year. It mainly raises money for student scholarships and teacher appreciation. We need many volunteers (and shoppers) to make this a success!
Check back to this website often – it will have new information to keep you informed this year.
See you at Open House! (Wednesday, September 5th)
Connally High School PTA Board